Data can help Executives understand the internal and external pressures on the organisation, and use numbers to help you move past the tipping point and grow out and forward into the next phase of your business. Your data will help you to see the 'blanks' as well as what really matters to the organization. You will use technology you already have - Excel - and we will introduce you to Microsoft's latest tool, Power BI, if you are not already using it.
You can see a full agenda here http://businessdataforexecutivesceos.eventbrite.com
This workshop is not a technical session in disguise as a session that talks to business people. It is a business-oriented session for business people who want to make data-driven decisions and understand their business better, using their data. This session will help you to be your own Data Shaman - or empower one of your team to give you the data that you really need, with the C-suite in mind.
This is aimed at C-suite executives, or those professionals who write reports and create dashboards that feed into the Executives in the organisation. Register here for more information: https://businessdataforexecutivesceos.eventbrite.com
Tickets cost £120 including VAT. You will get takeaway materials, plus lunch, refreshments and all the tea and coffee you can drink! You will need it, for this intensive day.
Join this workshop to learn ways to clean, handle, integrate and report your data so that you can get back to what you need to do - running your business.
- The Microsoft Suite: Power Pivot, Power BI and Excel
9:30 Loading Data
- Various Methods
- Best Practices
10:30 1st Break
10:45 Calculations, Formulas and DAX using Power Pivot for Excel
- Working with multiple data sources
- Table Overview: Data Tables, Lookup Tables
- Measuring your Business: Measuring efficiently
- Doing better than VLOOKUP
- Compare and Contrast - basics of analytics
- What If Analysis - examples of what you can do
1:00 Power BI Data Visualisation
- What does Power BI Give you?
- The Power BI Service - cloud for small companies: sharing, analysis, mobilising your solution.
3:15 Metrics to Measure your Business
- Revenue Growth: Linear and exponential
- KPIs - show your actuals and targets
- Employee Engagement
- Time Intelligence
- Profit measurements
4:45 Q and A